Saturday, April 10, 2010
Best Actress 2002: The Resolution!
5. Salma Hayek in Frida: Salma Hayek's performance does not save Frida from being a bad film and doesn't feel like the real Frida Kahlo at all, but a hollywoodized caricature.
4. Nicole Kidman in The Hours: Despite being a little underwhelming, Kidman delivers a piercing performance that makes Virginia Wolf a fascinating enigma.
3. Diane Lane in Unfaithful: Diane Lane gives a great, intimate performance that dominates the entire film and makes it worth watching.
2. Renee Zellweger in Chicago: Zellweger carries Chicago with a fantastic performance which shows Roxie's manipulative ways and her vulnerability.
1. Julianne Moore in Far From Heaven: Julianne Moore is amazing as Cathy and gives a heart wrenching , brilliant performance for the ages.