5. Melanie Griffith in Working Girl:
Griffith has some good moments, but she mostly doesn't handle the character very well, and the material drags her down.
4. Signourney Weaver in Gorillas In The Mist: Signourney Weaver delivers an outstanding performance that is sometimes brought down by the flatness of the script, but is very powerful work.
3. Jodie Foster in The Accused:
Foster is completely real and heartbreaking as Sarah, who shouldn't be a likeable person, but Foster is able to put us on her side and she is exceptional all the way.
2. Meryl Streep in A Cry In The Dark:
Meryl Streep gives one of her best performances, always intriguing the audience. Subtle, fascinating work.
1. Glenn Close in Dangerous Liaisons:
Close gives a chilling, brilliantly layered performance which is never overplayed or underplayed. Brilliantly executed.