Sunday, October 4, 2009

Worst supporting actor winners

Kevin Kline in A fish Called Wanda: I know a lot of people like this performance, but I DESPISE it. He takes it WAY over the top and its incredibly annoying. George Chakiris in West Side Story: I love this movie, but Chakiris really doesn't do anything special here. I would have nominated Russ Tamblyn (who played Riff) instead. Jim Broadbent in Iris: A cringe-worthy performance in which I thought Broadbent was trying to channel Geoffrey Rush in Shine, another awful performance. Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men: A lifeless caricature in which Bardem adds nothing special to. Ben Johnson in The Last Picture Show: I didn't hate this by any means, but it's not an oscar-worthy performance by any sense, especially since Johnson's more worthier co-star Jeff Bridges was also nominated. Well, that's all I could come up with right now. Please comment! Note: Not in any order.

4 comments:

Andrew K. said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Russ Tamblyn. Russ Tamblyn. I have nothing against Chakiris but like I said when I reviewed this...Russ is way better and George does nothing for me. Granted, I'm not a woman...but still. Zilch.

joe burns said...

Totally agree.

Tom said...

Javier Bardem's win is probably one of the worst ever. You forgot Jason Robards in "Julia". It doesn't seem like he's in the movie for more than 5 minutes and just sleepwalks through.

joe burns said...

I didn't see Julia. Good to know that somebody else didn't like Bardem's performance