Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dangerous Liasons review

Today, I decided to sit down and watch Dangerous Liasons. And, boy, I was impressed. The script was brilliant, the direction excellent, and the acting (with the exception of Michelle Pfeiffer) was exceptional. John Malkovich was robbed of a best actor nomination for his performance and Glenn Close was brilliant. But Pfeiffer didn't impress me. I agree with supporting actress smackdown people that she relied to much on her appearence and she's unable to sell her character's emotions and torments. That said, I really liked this movie.

4 comments:

Andrew K. said...

Blasphemous!!! Just kidding...I guess we can't all love everything but I loved Michelle in this [like I loved the entire movie]. Glad you watched though. It's a treat.

joe burns said...

Yes, I'm glad I watched it too. It's currently my choice for Best Picture (Although I haven't seen Rain Man) and Best Actress. It definetly was a great film.

Andrew K. said...

Rain Man is disappointing. I suppose I went in with too high expectations. Thinking if it won DL it had to be a masterpiece. It wasn't. But maybe you'll think differently. Can't wait for your thoughts. [and I did not enjoy Jodie Foster in The Accused, Glenn was robbed]

joe burns said...

Foster was impressive in The Accused, but she couldn't make me believe that Sarah was the same person after her car accident. Close, on the other hand was flawless. I will see Rain Man soon.