Saturday, October 10, 2009

My thoughts on my favorite Best Actress nominees part 1

Holly Hunter in Broadcast News: One of my favorite actresses is absolutely great in this film. Debra Winger in Terms Of Endearment: You know, I just can't decide between Winger and Maclaine for the win that year. But I can salute Winger's fantastic nominated performance. Bette Davis in All About Eve: A performance for the ages. Julianne Moore in Far From Heaven: As you are probably already aware of, I love this film and Moore is brilliant in the lead. Can you imagine anyone else in the part? Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: A towering, yet subtle portrayal of the great monarch. Angelica Huston in The Grifters: Huston nails the role of Lily and manages to make her human. Ellen Page in Juno: A soon to be iconic performance. Like Moore in Far From Heaven, could anyone else have played this character? Well, that's all for now. Please comment and my 2nd post will be up soon!

No comments: