Sunday, October 18, 2009

Afterthoughts on last post

Swinton is one of my favorite winners ever in this category. Although I don't feel she was the best of the nominees, it's still a great performance. The first time I saw Michael Clayton I wasn't that impressed with Swinton, but after repeated viewings, I've become a fan of the performance. My ranking: 1. Amy Ryan 2. Saorise Ronan 3. Tilda Swinton 4. Cate Blanchett 5. Ruby Dee. I never saw I'm Not There, but I watched Blanchett's performance on youtube which was posted by the Weinstein Company. Since her performance is one whole section of the film with no cuts, I think it counts. I didn't see American Gangster either, but Dee's performance is so short I think that should count as well. If you comment, could tell me who's your pick and why? I would really like to know.

No comments: