1. Julianne Moore in Boogie Nights: Moore is simply riveting in this performance. She is heartbreaking,sad, warm,beautiful. Could be her best work along with Far From Heaven.
2. Joan Cusack in In & Out: A brilliant comic performance. Cusack adds so much to the film and to her character. Even better then her work in Working Girl.
3. Gloria Stuart in Titanic: Stuart helps keep Titanic afloat (No pun intended) with her beautiful performance. Sadly and unjustly underrated.
4. Minnie Driver in Good Will Hunting: Driver tries,but she can't elevate her role beyond a bland love interest. Surprisingly annoying and two-dimensional as well.
5. Kim Basinger in L.A Confidential: Um,how the hell did she win? She adds nothing special to her character or film and you can't take anything note-worthy away from her performance except her stunning beauty.
So,what do you think? Do you disagree with my thoughts?