I'm doing this as a response to Sage. She won't be pleased.
1. Kate Winslet in The Reader: When people say that she won for the wrong role, I somewhat agree (I would have preferred to see her win for Eternal Sunshine). But I feel that she deserved the Oscar for this performance. She is brilliant as Hannah, showing every layer of her character and is devastating to watch. Grade: Five Stars
2. Anne Hathaway in Rachel Getting Married: This film was unfairly overlooked at the Oscars, except for Hathaway's performance. In my opinion, Hathaway is amazing in this. She makes sympathize with Kym (Which is extremely hard to do) and has great chemistry with Rosemarie Dewitt and Debra Winger. Any other year she would have gotten my vote (She would have if Winslet had been nominated for Revolutionary Road). Grade: Five stars.
3. Melissa Leo in Frozen River: Another film that was overlooked and wrongly so. Leo is so authentic and raw in this. Such a brilliant performance. I'm so glad that the Academy nominated her. Grade: Four and a half stars
4. Meryl Streep in Doubt: Not one of her best, but still quite good none the less. Many of her moments are very impressive. Grade: Three stars.
5. Angelina Jolie in Changeling: This was a mess of a movie and Jolie was no better. Too over the top and just mediocre. Grade: One star.
What do you think? What's your ranking?